Thursday

Friday, January 9

Is nothing sacred

Well I went to the doctor today. He mentioned he wanted to do some blood tests and stuff. He leaves the room, and the nurse with a speech impediment comes in and asks if I was going to take the stool sample kit home or use it there. Of course you hear this with a barely understandable draw, and you do a double take, especially when your just expecting to withdraw blood. the nurse takes this that I don't understand what she is saying. She rephrases, but as if she talking to a retard. "can you poop in a cup?" how do you respond to this question? I'm an overacheiver, so I certainly would never say no. But, alas, I have never tried to poop in a cup. This is something I would rather do at home, but that would admit defeat. So I quickly respond "sure I can" with the same confidence as if she asked "can you stick out your tongue and tap your foot at the same time?"

Needless to say, this experience was possibly the most demeaning and horrifying non-life threatening thing I have had to do. If you want more details, you'll have to ask me in person. Otherwise, you imagine what it would be like.

No comments: