Monday

Tuesday, January 6
I must say that not having used this forum much lately has been a bit of a head trip. Here are the things that have happened in the last month.

1. bachelor party for Mike D.- fun, funny and sad at the same time.
2. prepare for vacation - did it done.
3. make sure that santa makes a detour for FL - he did. with a little help from UPS
4. leave for vacation - without a hitch, except we got to the airport WAY too early. Wasn't there some kind of terror warning that was causing delays? Apparently not on the East Terminal
5. xmas- which I found out that referring to christmas as xmas is highly insulting to Christians. I bet you have a hunch I won't stop calling it that though.
6. new years eve- sadly, it would have been a little bit more exciting if there had been some terrorist event coinciding with the new year, only because I was expecting it. Certainly, I wouldn't wish for it.
7. fly home - again, fairly uneventful, but I think next time I will spring the extra $100 bucks to sleep past 5am.
8. Mike D.'s rehearsal and rehearsal dinner - the best part was it included bowling. The worst part, Mike decided to have a mushy moment right when the songs I paid a buck to hear came on the jukebox! Damn you Mike, I just wanted some ZZ TOP!
9. THE wedding- most of you reading this are already privvy to all the details preceding this event, and finally it happened. everything went as planned, at least everything I have control over, which is not much. The flower girl walked down the isle just fine. pictures on the other hand -- very uncooperative. good thing we signed a prenuptual agreement completely releasing us from any responsibility of damage, physical or emotional, caused by the flower girl's action or non-action. On to a new chapter in everyone's life, especially Mike and Adena.
10. remember dilbert? back to the life, back to reality. back to the here and now.

No comments: