Monday

Tuesday, September 2

Film Surprise #5
The fifth film in my 'pleasantly surprised' collection of films is:


Dead Again 1991
Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson, Andy Garcia; directed by Kenneth Branagh

I think the only reason I saw this one was because Andy Garcia was really quite the cool cat at that time. He had previously been in The Untouchables and starred in Internal Affairs. Anyway, the rest of the cast was unknown to me (except the serious cameo by Mork). There was enough twists and suspense to seriously mess with your brain. A true Hitchockian psychological thriller mixed with a reincarnation love story. Pretty darn good film score too. Do check this one out. In fact, I haven't seen this one since the theater in 1991. I should probably ask a reader to borrow their dvd? Anyone???

No comments: