Wednesday

Thursday, September 4

I picture something round, that cars can roll on...
Tonight, we did something I've had the urge to do for a while. As long as I can remember, I have never been satisfied with room layouts for very long. Even as a kid I would grow tired of where my bed was and eventually move everything around to form a completely different room. Sometimes, it was more creative than others. Anyway, I was bored with our living room layout and wanted to change, but due to lack of wall space, there really wasn't any other option. So we flopped the dining room and the living room. I think I really like it, except the fireplace is now in the dining room (kinda that lodge feel), but we'll live.

I quickly realized that we needed something else to put the tv on/in. It currently sits on a TV stand with storage underneath. I started to visualize some sort of armoire. I surfed the net for ideas, but nothing was exactly fitting. So I grabbed my ruler, graph paper, pencil and cool white eraser and started sketching what I wanted. Eventually I was confident that I could actually build exactly what I was looking for. Something wood, that was lower to the ground, about the same height as a buffet table. Yes, that would be perfect. No one has designed anything like it! I was a pioneer! Leave it to Kimberly to burst my bubble when I excitedly explained what I had invented and planned on building. She looked at me with a cute grin and put her hand on my shoulder and said "it sounds like you just reinvented the console television."

Dag nabit! She was right. I didn't invent it, but I still want it. So I may be on a mission to find an old one and gut it. Maybe even find a diginfied way to put a front on it with hinges.

No comments: