Tuesday

Wednesday, August 20

I'm your huckleberry
For those of you that this phrase triggered something, good catch. For those of you that it didn't, it is reference to the movie I watched recently for the first time, Tombstone. No, not the Kevin Costner-as-Wyatt Earp one. The other one. Well, I was pleasantly surprised by this movie and its star power. Particularly with Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday who uttered this phrase at least 3 times if I'm not mistaken [click here if you have sound]. As inquisitive as I am, I pondered what exactly "I'm your huckleberry" meant. I mean, knew Huckleberry Finn, and had watched Huckleberry Hound. I even knew that a huckleberry was some kind of fruit. But what does it mean if you are someone's huckleberry? So off to the internet I went where I was quick to find that there were hundreds of post posing the same question, with answers I might add. So I ask you, is there any thing, or phrase that I could write about that wouldn't already exist on the web. I reckon that no one has ever wondered about something. But I just can't think of one.

No comments: