Monday

Tuesday, November 25

either way.

I love my wife more than anything in the world...with my daughter being a close second. She is my partner on every level. I would share anything with my wife, and we do. It's kind of odd how the things we share and the way we share has evolved since we wed. We don't have much that is predetermined as hers or mine, except the hyper-obvious gender related items. Let me explain. My sweater is her sweater. My shirt is her shirt. My jacket is hers... It doesn't stop with clothes. We don't have assigned cars--you take the car that is first in the driveway. We don't have assigned spots in bed--you take whatever is open. We don't have separate bank accounts--we have one check book and even carry the same credit card number. We don't have spots at the dining room table or designated chairs in the living room, and I realize the severity of going against centuries of work to get men prime seating. I don't mind. Really. Much of this has gone without much thought or even realization until it came up in conversation with friends. I don't find it odd what we do, rather it makes the most sense. We don't envy the more traditional couples. In fact, we kind of think someare pretty silly with ownership and good for a couple of giggles and eye rolls. I suppose you could say that this is partly because we are just two very considerate people who don't want the other to feel like they got the shorter stick, or older car, or the spot on the bed that is least accessible to the bathroom. But more importantly, it makes life so much easier. Even though there the odds are pretty good that you are going to fill up two tanks of gas in a week. One exception to the rule, though, with what I feel is reasonable justificationm, is I have my own scissors. Our daughter is partly to blame for this, since if they weren't designated as mine and mine alone, I would never see them again. And it took me 5 pair to figure this one out.

No comments: