Wednesday

Wednesday, October 14

Work

I work 1500 miles away from my boss. While this has its benefits, it also has its downsides. I get the independance to manage my own business, but every once in a while I have to ask for permission. Yesterday, I had to do just that and it sucks. While typically, I stand by the saying that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission, but this scenario wouldn't facilitate forgiveness. For those of you don't know, my team's peak season is from Jan-Feb, but there is a gradual build up in Dec. Kimberly and I decided to take a xmas vacation since we missed the window in summer. We will be getting out of dodge and flying to the wickedly demented state of Florida to visit my bro and his family. Well we booked ticketes a couple of weeks ago to leave on xmas eve and return on new years day, but I hadn't mustered up the courage to ask my boss. So yesterday, I had to walk in the lions den carrying a big fat juicy steak. The good news, we're going to florida. The bad news, if the S*&T hits the fan while I'm gone, I can pretty much look for a new job. The good news, I guess I would be forced to find a new job.

No comments: