Tuesday

Tuesday, September 16

One of the best features of a car radio is the "scan" feature. This is the one that when pressed, will play every station for 5 seconds, then skip to the next station with a signal. It keeps going until you press the scan button again, presumably because that stations current audio gesture is to your liking. For me, I'm perfectly happy keeping it on scan. That's right. I don't care if I don't hear the whole song. Country, sure. Hip Hop, why not? Ultra-conservative political blah-blah, why certainly. It's only for five seconds. I've got a short attention span anyway. It's perfect for the guy that, sans-TiVo, could flip tv channels for an hour straight and be perfectly happy. Of course there is the gnawing sensation that there could be something better on the next station. So why haven't they invented a "scan" button for TVs? For that matter, why haven't they invented Tivo for the car radio? and I know for a fact there are a couple of you that have actually tried to TiVo your radio, and you know who you are.

No comments: