Sunday

Monday, August 11

Most people are good
We experienced great luck, and proof of innocence this week. Someone, ahem, accidentally left our front door open all day while no one was home. I mean all the way open, as in the mailman just set our daily barrage of junk mail and catalogs on the foyer floor. So, here we are, on the busier of our neighborhood streets, with a decent amount of foot traffic from residents and those who don't even live in our hood. No cars in the driveway, and door wide open from 9am to 6pm. Upon coming home, I quickly scouted out the house to make sure our quasi-valuables (it's all relative) were still there and they were. And once I checked all of our closets for the serial killer I have had nightmares about with the red bandana over his face and the butcher knife held up by his...--let me digress. I had to take a moment first of all to remember that a majority of our civilization is well intended, and would never steal from my house. After that, it occured to me that everyone would probably have different priorities of what to check first upon entering the house. As to be expected, I was relieved to see my friend Tivo. I would like to think that I only checked that first since it was on the way upstairs. So here's the deal. You check to make sure that the things that are most important to you are still there, not necessarily the highest $ amounts, however, that certainly plays a small part in its importance. This must be true since I didn't check on the $5000 Carmelita Dunlop bowl that we have on loan from the encinitas gallery. You know, I had better take a stroll in the dining room tonight and make sure that's still there...

No comments: